15 Quotes About Anxiety
- Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.
- Worrying is carrying tomorrow’s load with today’s strength—carrying two days at once. It’s moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn’t empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of it’s strength.
–Corrie ten Boom
- Man is not worried by real problems so much as by his imagined anxieties about real problems.
- Anxiety is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you very far.
- It’s ok to be scared. Being scared means you’re about to do something really, really brave.
- Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it.
- We live only a few conscious decades, and we fret ourselves enough for several lifetimes.
- When I don’t have something to worry about, I worry. Nothing comes so naturally to a human being as anxiety and worry.
- Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.
- Smile, breathe, and go slowly.
–Thich Nhat Hanh
- You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.
- People become attached to their burdens sometimes more than the burdens are attached to them.
–George Bernard Shaw
- Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of it’s sorrows, but only empties today of it’s strength.
- Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.
–Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Depression and anxiety can’t fit in your head if you’re cultivating feelings of joy and inspiration.
Wanna help My Anxious World grow? Do your Amazon shopping through my affiliate link!